Fashion Jewelry Care Instructions
Fashion jewelry tarnishes when exposed to moisture, oils, salts and acids. Our skin transfers all of these. See tips below to keep your fashion jewelry from tarnishing.
- Thoroughly wipe each piece of jewelry with a soft, clean cloth as soon as you remove it. The goal is to remove any oil, salt or acid contaminants and to dry the piece.
- Allow perfume or scented oils to dry on your skin prior to wearing fashion jewelry.
- Store your fashion jewelry in a case, or in your jewelry box, with a moisture-absorbing product like 3M's silver protector strips or the small silica packets that typically come packaged with suitcases and shoes. If you don't have access to moisture-absorbing materials, make sure each jewelry piece is thoroughly dry, then seal it into a ziplock plastic bag for storage.
- Dry your hands before handling, or putting on, any piece of fashion jewelry from your collection. Remove your jewelry before showering, swimming or exercising.
- Minor tarnish can be buffed off with a jewelry polishing cloth, but cleaning heavy tarnish may also remove some gold or silver plate from the piece, so wipe easy and with care.
- Store individual pieces separately.
Source : http://www.ehow.com/how_6181268_make-fashion-jewelry-not-tarnish.html